Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener

Good Morning Mitch fans, from the land of fellatio, marijuana and Rolling Stones. Life is good here in the place of no memory and finite bank accounts. I always enjoy that part about vacations and that’s the wonderful inherent fact about them. You don’t think about the time you waste or the money you spend. I won’t regret it, this life of excess.

We do. We do ruin our body with booze and cigarettes. Weed and lost games of beer pong. It was such an 80’s thing to go crazy and pump your body full of amphetamines, and once the light was shined on what was really happening to us as a country we recoiled in horror. We looked at these banker and Wall Street men shoving the good uncut blow up their noses and rubbing the last remnants on their gums and we were shocked.

Now it’s our turn and we are doing it better. We don’t jam accelerants in our body. We are gun ho enough without those nasty things. We don’t need them to shout incitable things out the windows and throw beer cans at cars as we walk down the street. We’re coming home from bars at three in the morning when we have to be at work before six am. Well I don’t. I sit here and talk to you and you gobble it up.

I love you all for it. You delight me that somewhere in my world of excess someone will see what’s going on. How we are ruining our bodies better and slower than before. I’ll have a few good years more in me because of that weed. It will keep me a healthy and growing boy. We are harder, better, faster, stronger.

Every year the Tour de France gets a little shorter. Someone shaves off another ten seconds from the year before. Phelps will maybe break his own world records and the time trial will have the bar kicked forward another notch. Don’t freak out at the dismal state of the world, we’re getting better; we’re improving. Each week we get a little closer to the finish line in style and grace.

The world isn’t as scary a place as we make it out to be. Those rotten basterds who create spook stories and make my palms sweaty (and not in the good way) are fucking my shit up. That is probably the pot talking to me about how there should be peace and love in the world, and there shouldn’t hold any fear and animosity any longer. That was a crutch we used in the early days of civilization to keep things in order as we moved along towards humanity.

No more I say.

Want to hit this with me? The weed is always good in my neck of the woods. Now if only I could get a real job.